"He’s the Alpha, Omega; Honor, Praise His Holy Name x 2
Jesus,
Messiah, Praise your Holy name
Jesus,
Saviour, Praise your Holy name
Jesus
is the author of my life;
Jesus
is the perfector of my life;
Jesus
is the Captain of my soul,
Jesus
is the Anchor of my soul."
Words of a song by Dr. MacDonald Mweemba Chaava. Lawton OK 73501
In June of 2022, my wife traveled to Zambia to provide financial assistance to her sister's family. I composed the words and music of this lively worship song!
I longed for a song that glorified the Lord Jesus, one that sounded scripture-like, with a pleasant melody and heartfelt devotion. During this period, I also grew more aware of the necessity of mentioning His name whenever praising Him, as other individuals and deities are claiming to be the Lord and hence calling us to worship them. If we are not careful, we may find ourselves worshiping false gods. We need songs that mention Jesus by name. It took me three hours to compose on the keyboard and guitar. I used the piano to select notes I had never used in a song and the guitar to round off and finish the sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment